Make Your Own Magnesium Spray
Are you cramping during the day? Do you have tired muscles or restless legs in bed at night? Perhaps your menopausal and concerned about your bone strength? Do you work out and feel exhausted afterwards?
Magnesium Spray may just do the trick to boost this muscle relaxing mineral in your body.
Did you know that the very important mineral Magnesium is very often lacking in our diet and may be a key factor in…
3. possibility of heart palpitations (remember the heart is a muscle)
4. restless leg syndrome
5. and is a key mineral for bone density
Having an epsom salts bath or foot bath in winter is an inexpensive way to increase magnesium uptake. And here is a simple homemade magnesium spray that can be applied daily 5-10 squirts over the skin.
Adding essential oils of choice can increase the effect of the spray. In the recipe I have chosen oils that are calming and relaxing.
Another favourite choice could be Cypress (circulation) or Marjoram (muscle soothing).
- 1 cup distilled water
- 1 cup magnesium chloride flakes
- 5 drops lavender essential oil (calming-optional)*
- 5 drops Roman chamomile (calming-optional)*
- Boil the water.
- Pour the water over the magnesium flakes in a glass container.
- Stir until the flakes are dissolved.
- Add essential oils and stir.
- Does not need to be refrigerated.
- Can last up to 6 months.
Note: the essential oils are optional but if you need some muscle-soothing or leg relaxing effects, especially at night, then lavender and Roman chamomile make a great addition to this recipe!
Other Great YL Essential Oil Combo’s:
Marjoram and Cypress.
Aroma Seiz and Lavender
Black Pepper and Marjoram
And now you know how to make magnesium oil! Some people use this spray as a deodorant.
Add it to a detox bath too – with some candles and floating lavender flowers + 10 drops of oil for a blissful relax.