Sounds & Silence Retreats
Sunshine Coast Sounds & Silence Meditation Retreats
2021 Retreat Dates: Sun Feb 28th, Sun April 18th, Sun May 30th, Friday June 25th.
Sounds & Silence Retreats: A rare opportunity to unplug, relax and rest in presence
These Sounds and Silence Meditation Retreats in the Hinterland of the Sunshine Coast are designed for you to rest in deep presence surrounded by stunning nature.
Soraya Saraswati is a Yoga Therapist and mindful meditation teacher with over 35 years of experience. Terry Oldfield is a master Flute player and composer. Together this couple have traveled the world offering music, mantra, meditation and Satsang events.
Retreat from the world spend honourable time in silence, self-inquiry and connect with a deeper truth. Mangalam’s profoundly nourishing natural surrounds of bird song, bamboo and butterflies offer the perfect backdrop. The retreat day offers deep silent as well as guided meditation, yoga-nidra, breath-work, singing of mantra, and healing sound journeys on a bed of nature and silence. Music & singing opens the heart and stops the mind chatter.
venue: Mangalam is a 2 1/2 acre property set in the beautiful Sunshine Coast Hinterland between Palmwoods and Montville with sub-tropical garden surrounds. We have been replanting the land over the last 10years to create a wildlife corridor so needed by our native wildlife. The birdlife at Mangalam is quite diverse now with lorikeets, cockatoos, king parrots, pale face parrots and various honey eaters with many others passing through.
RETREAT DATES 2021: Sunday Feb 28th, Sunday March 28th, Sunday April 18th, Friday May 23rd June 25th.
- Guided Silent Meditations: bolsters and cushions supplied but feel free to bring your own + a yoga mat.
- Rejuvenating Breath Work: reconnecting with the breath of life
- Flute & Sound Journey Meditations: with Terry’s amazing flute magic, gongs etc with a background of nature
- Mantra Singing: Terry and Soraya sing Sanskrit, Celtic & English Mantras
- Silent Time in Nature: Mangalam has peaceful garden surrounds
- A Delicious Vegetarian Lunch
- Art Therapy: weaving with nature
- Yoga Nidra: A very special form of rejuvenating meditation
- Satsang: Questions will be offered in writing so as to maintain silence
- Gentle Yoga: suitable for everyone
click above to Pay via PayPal
$130 + $13 GST for the day – $120 + $12 GST for pension card holders or students